I made a congealed salad & it didn't set well.. Can I add plain gelatin? If so, do I sprinkle the powder directly over it or should I

Dissolve it in hot water first

asked by Bippy over 6 years ago

It doesn't sound very salvageable. If you're going to try, I'd dissolve the gelatin, and mix it through the salad.

ChefOno

Could the entire salad stand to be warmed up? I'm thinking bloom the plain gelatin in cold water while you heat the salad. Once the gelatin in the salad melts, stir in the plain gelatin until it dissolves.

Might even work if the reason it didn't set properly was due to fresh pineapple…