🔕 🔔

I made a congealed salad & it didn't set well.. Can I add plain gelatin? If so, do I sprinkle the powder directly over it or should I

Dissolve it in hot water first

asked by Bippy over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

It doesn't sound very salvageable. If you're going to try, I'd dissolve the gelatin, and mix it through the salad.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Could the entire salad stand to be warmed up? I'm thinking bloom the plain gelatin in cold water while you heat the salad. Once the gelatin in the salad melts, stir in the plain gelatin until it dissolves.

Might even work if the reason it didn't set properly was due to fresh pineapple…