Need a recipe for peas. Something different.

asked by Elaine Ruth about 6 years ago

lakelurelady

If you are using frozen peas, you can put a few packages in a casserole, add a little salt, 4 Tbs of sugar, 4 Tbs of butter cubed, sauteed shallots and a few leaves of shredded lettuce. Cover tightly and place in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. I found this recipe in a French cookbook years ago.

There are loads of pea recipes on this website - have a look!

http://www.food52.com/recipe...

One that I really love that is here - seared scallops on a pea puree with white miso and ginger - delicious!

Wonderland Kitchen

I get ridiculously excited when fresh pea season rolls around again. Two snack/dip/topping type recipes I love: Mint Pea Dip Takes about 5 minutes to assemble, including blanching time--minty, garlicky, springtime in a bowl.

Crushed Peas with Tahini Possibly my favorite pea recipe, but I keep testing it--for science! I doubled the dressing last time and tossed it with leftover pasta for a one bowl dinner.

Wonderland Kitchen

Sorry, the links didn't translate:

Mint Pea Dip: http://mynewroots.blogspot...

Crushed Peas with Tahini: http://smittenkitchen.com...

A classic Venetian dish is Risi e Bisi---risotto with peas. As with all Venetian risotto dishes it should served al onda (on the wave), that is loose and creamy enough to slide around on the plate.

chairmanhu

I cannot recommend this more: Prawns & Peas in Silky Egg Sauce on Rice

http://3hungrytummies.blogspot...

Easy and delicious!

Got this recipe from Pierre Franey, melt a pat of butter in a non-stick skillet. Saute some peas (~1c) for about 1-2 minutes. Add 2 c cooked rice and a 1Tb chopped basil. Stir for another 2 minutes. Season with salt.

rt21

Make a chilled pea soup, purée the peas with a little stock salt pepper and finish with mint

Susancv

If you are using can peas this is from my Italian grandmother, we call them Nana Peas. In a pie plate mix 2 cans Leseur peas drained, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano . Mix well and then add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes .

dinner at sheila's

This is easy, and so pretty for spring...yummy, too!

mensaque

My mom makes it all the time:canned peas,don't drain them.Low heat,when it's warm break some eggs on top.add salt and spices or herbs and cover till the eggs are poached but the youlks still soft.I guess you can do it with fresh or frozen,just sauté them first and add some chicken or vegetable broth to replace the can water.

Raquelita

i think the flavor combination of peas and parsley is unbeatable! try riffing on a basic fettucine alfredo by cooking a whole mess of chopped parsley in with the butter and cream and cooking the peas in with the pasta! it's my (June) birthday treat every year I can find those ingredients in season!

insecureepicure

In the spring on of my favorite recipes is the Fava Bean, Pea and Artichoke soup from Gourmet March 2003. I use pancetta or just some garlic for vegetarian version. It's Roman comfort food.

petitbleu

Peas with prosciutto and pearl onions. Cut the tops off the onions and boil them for a couple minutes so they're easy to pop out of their skins. Gently sauté fresh or frozen peas (I don't recommend canned, but frozen peas are often better than fresh) with the peeled onions and some strips of prosciutto. So simple and good!

mensaque

Tought of another one if you're still interested...It's great for an lazy supper:chopped onions sauté(just enough to get them transparent)with chopped ham and peas on olive oil or butter,little bit of black pepper.All that mixed with-ready?-french fries!My mom is a genious with peas or what?