🔕 🔔

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Here's a recipe from the New York Times for an Umbrian chickpea soup. I've never made it but it looks quite good
http://www.nytimes.com...

C6154d92 6509 47b4 a328 e9e9eff2552d  garden me
Pamela Sheldon Johns

Pamela Sheldon Johns is the author of numerous cookbooks, the most recent being Cucina Povera: Tuscan Peasant Cooking. She lives at

Hello Maedl, Though ceci are found all over Italy, you're right that the ceci neri come from the south. I have had them with pasta, stewed, and mixed with other legumes such as lentils, but I also love them puréed in a velvety soup. In the summer they make a delicious salad especially colored up with bits of red and yellow pepper. In this holiday season, I think they would be stunning served in a piece of roasted pumpkin! Here is a little video of my recipe for simple stewed (not black, but will work with black) ceci. This is from my recent book Cucina Povera, Tuscan Peasant Cooking.