The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Squashed Potatoes

Db3d6d96 c19c 44ad a7cf 4d3a69ad0b8f  wbp1106104 f52 156

These ended up fabulously - and I'll do them again -- they are similar to the way I boil new potatoes and then fry or grill for a crust = yum! I boiled these 15 or 20 mins but I don't thnk I let them cool very long - used a ceramic plate to smash and they crumbled--- had to spatula them into the pan and leave alone until they made a crust before I could flip. (I used reg size new potatoes and cut in half so skin was on one side). Loved the pan-roasted garlic, too!!! Did I do something wrong re the crumbling?

(LOVE this site - I think I have saved at least 50 recipes in a the 30 hours since I found it here!!!) :-)

asked by Jenna Kane about 5 years ago

Sorry - that sounded so neophyte.... guess I was frustrated that they crumbled and wondering if perhaps I had under or over done the potatoes.... in the end, they were edible and delicious so it may not even matter!

9fe0c12c e20f 4669 bb88 2c31ee17d5e2  french river

Just read the recipe... sounds like you did ok. Even the recipe suggests you might need the assistance of a spatula:
"You may need a spatula to lift them in one piece from your work surface; lay them on a baking sheet."
If you are concerned, maybe leave the potatoes whole next time and cook them until they are just fork tender, no more!