pantry storage unit

can you tell me where this storage unit is from?
food52.com/blog/3198_pantry_organization

Merrill Stubbs April 22, 2012

It's Amanda's pantry, and I believe it was custom-made!

Amanda Hesser April 22, 2012

It was custom made, but I have seen some great pantry units at IKEA. You won't get the pull out shelving, but it will be very reasonable and I think you can do a fair amount of mixing and matching with the features.

SKK April 22, 2012

When I remodeled my home I had custom made cabinets for the kitchen. I was able to knock about 30% off the total by not having the wood inside the cabinets and drawers. We used a white hard substance that I am not trying to remember the name of.

And I concur with Amanda about IKEA.

Crispini
Crispini April 22, 2012

That "white substance" is melamine, and is fairly common in kitchen cabinets. I would not want IKEA cabinets for use in the kitchen unless it was something for light use for a short time period, given the quality of construction. Fine for bookshelves, but dicey for hard working cabinets. If you can't afford custom there are many well made lines of cabinets available that do stand up well to
hard working kitchen use.

SKK April 22, 2012

Thanks, Crispini. Melamine - yes. Re. IKEA I have friends who have kitchen cabinets from IKEA and they are quite sturdy. They have a whole wonderful line. Just have to be exact in your measurements.