🔕 🔔

How do you make homemade guacamole ?

asked by mike2012 about 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

You can find several different recipes using Recipe Search on Food52:

http://www.food52.com/recipe...

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I don't measure anything and tweak it to my taste each time: avocado, salt, crushed garlic, hot sauce, lemon juice. I'll add a little olive oil if the avocado is a little unripe.

CookingMomTR

If I am in a hurry, I just mash an avocado, add a bit of lime and then some of my favourite store bought salsa...usually Pace.

kbckitchen

I always add cumin for a little extra kick!

Quinciferous

Two ripe avocados, juice from half a lime, a handful of chopped cilantro, some diced red onion, a clove or two of garlic diced very fine, three or four chopped cherry tomatoes, one small thai chili chopped fine. Salt.

Mash everything together with fork. Eat half an hour later even though you want to eat it now now now!

I am going to promote myself - this recipe is really great and easy to make. And my Texas friends said it is the best they have had
http://food52.com/recipes...

ChefOno

I will have to give basil a try next time I make a batch. Thanks for the tip.

Meatballs&Milkshakes

I'm not a big fan of raw onion, so I marinate the minced onion or shallot in the lime juice for as long as I can before adding the rest of my ingredients. It takes the bite out of it.

My guac: lightly mash ripened avocado with lime/lemon juice. mix gently with chopped scallions, minced jalapenos, a little salt, and some minced cilantro (optional). sometimes i'll even add some diced tomatoes. amounts can vary according to what you prefer. If it tastes a little bland, add more salt and/or more citrus juice. If don't like too spicy, omit or add less jalapenos.

The Fiery Epicurean

Do you want the American or Mexican version? The American style is chunky and has tomatoes whereas the Mexican style is blended with cilantro, lime juice and Serrano peppers.