Can I freeze Jim laheys pizza dough?

If so what's the best way?

asked by Bates,Barley about 6 years ago

Elaine Ruth

What is the fouls for this dough?most pizza doughs can be frozen. I let my yeast pizza propf once, pan it, let it proof slightly and freeze. When ready to use it can be thawed on the pam before topping and baked, or topped and baked while frozrn

petitbleu

I would assume yes. In fact, whenever I go to the trouble of making pizza dough, I make a double batch and freeze half of it. Thaw at room temp in a warm corner of your kitchen, proof, roll out, let rest for 15 minutes, add toppings, and bake as you normally would.

cthewrld

I freeze it all the time for up to a month. I portion it, and then pour some olive oil into a small plastic sandwich bag. Then I put it into the freezer. Take it out of the freezer and put it into the fridge a day before you want to use it. It will be ready to use when you need it. Make sure you take it out of the fridge around 1 hour before you are ready to use it to make the pizza.

raspberryeggplant

I have done so with good results. After the first long rise, portion the dough. Leave the ones you are giong to use covered at room temp for another hour-long rise and put the ones you are going to freeze in lightly oiled ziploc bags. You can store the portioned dough in the fridge for several days (for use later in the week) or in the freezer for a couple of months. If you've frozen the dough, move it from the fridge to the freeer the day before you plan to use it. You’ll want to take it out of the fridge at least TWO hours before using it (not one hour as suggested – it needs more time to come to room temperature).

cthewrld

I agree with raspberryeggplant on the timing for taking it out of the fridge. Not sure what I was thinking. Thanks for the correction.