🔕 🔔

Stew beef

We buy a 1/4 cow grass feed from a local farm. What choices do I have for all the stew meat??

asked by Cme907 over 5 years ago

There are many things you can cook with stew meat. Chili with maze dumplings, Slow cooked Mexican Beef to use in tacos or tamales, I can see a pull beef/sloppy joe sandwich made in a crock pot. You also can take a look at beef vindaloo recipes and serve it over french fries (I had this at a British pub and it is great).

B4d6b166 1d4b 403c ac3b 320ee1ed1c33  dsc01280

I like making boeuf bourguignon with good stew meat.

A7132580 ab6d 4637 9b1a ed4f3f514400  scplogoblog

The trick with stew meat is to remember that taste and texture are dependent on how it is cooked--low temp, slow braise will give you tender results every time. What you do from there is limitless!

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I love a good beef stew and this one from the site is exceptional (and freezes well) http://www.food52.com/recipes...

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

You can also grind it up and make hamburger patties.

The tricky problem stewigrass fed beef is its lack of marbling. For flavor you have to compensate possibly by adding Bacon or even anchovies.