Stew beef

We buy a 1/4 cow grass feed from a local farm. What choices do I have for all the stew meat??

asked by Cme907 over 6 years ago

Amitha's Expression of Creativity

There are many things you can cook with stew meat. Chili with maze dumplings, Slow cooked Mexican Beef to use in tacos or tamales, I can see a pull beef/sloppy joe sandwich made in a crock pot. You also can take a look at beef vindaloo recipes and serve it over french fries (I had this at a British pub and it is great).

Gibson2011

I like making boeuf bourguignon with good stew meat.

Slow Cooked Pittsburgh

The trick with stew meat is to remember that taste and texture are dependent on how it is cooked--low temp, slow braise will give you tender results every time. What you do from there is limitless!

I love a good beef stew and this one from the site is exceptional (and freezes well) http://www.food52.com/recipes...

You can also grind it up and make hamburger patties.

The tricky problem stewigrass fed beef is its lack of marbling. For flavor you have to compensate possibly by adding Bacon or even anchovies.