🔕 🔔

How much salt do I add to each quart of milk when making mozzarella?

Most methods have you add the salt either in the hot water (or whey) used for stretching, or else you knead it into the mozzarella. We ended up doing both, adding more salt to taste after kneading, as salting the water was not sufficient. ;o)

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I like to soak my mozzarella in brine after making it. It helps firm it up and salts it simultaneously. I use one pound kosher salt to 1/2 gallon water.