🔕 🔔

Too much salt

I made a batch of potato soup and over salted the pot. :( It's not completely inedible, but the salt really stands out. I kept trying to cut it with skim milk, but I wasn't noticing a change and it was starting to get too runny. Any suggestions? I still have a lot left, and other than the salt, it seems great. I'll make another batch with no salt and mix the two together if I have to, but I'd rather not go to all that effort.

asked by WannabeBaker almost 5 years ago
Wholefoods user icon

I think that's the best solution - make more without salt and combine. No other solution will work as consistently or effectively.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

I agree the best solution is to make a second batch but be sure to taste for salt as you go, adding more as needed.

This is a stretch but add the skim milk, be sure not to be TOO runny. When the salt taste is bearable soak up the excess milk with bread. Yes this method is a little labor intensive and seems kinda silly but it should will saturate most of the extra moisture and a lot of the unwanted salt. Good luck