Any other mothers cooking on Mother's Day?

The good news is that my daughter will be here tomorrow. But she'll get here too late to do the cooking. It's okay, it makes me feel like a mom--rack of lamb and asparagus.

SKK May 12, 2012

Halibut and asparagus!

meganvt01
meganvt01 May 12, 2012

Yup! I'll cook for my grandma, mom, dad, siblings, spouse, and son :). Whole grilled Bronzino, farro risotto, April bloomfields lemony dressing. I love cooking for the whole family.

cookingProf
cookingProf May 12, 2012

I prefer cooking a special meal to dining out. I will be cooking Melissa Claks' Duck Confit, http://www.food52.com/recipes... and Molly Stevens' Sweet Braised Whole Scallions, http://www.food52.com/recipes..., along with a starchy side; maybe roasted or mashed potatoes.

boulangere May 12, 2012

I'll be cooking alone, so it's going to be First Night in Florence spaghetti, which is dripping in wonderful memories with the daughter. Your lamb and asparagus sound heavenly. Happy Mother's Day!

Voted the Best Reply!

bugbitten
bugbitten May 13, 2012

I think that moms cooking on Mothers Day is fine, but I believe moms having to do the cleanup is still illegal in about thirty states.

Happy Day, Mommies!

creamtea May 13, 2012

oh I thought there was a federal law prohibiting it

SKK May 13, 2012

Yes there is a federal law that states family/friends do the clean up on mother's day, not the Moms. If the the not-moms do not clean up after meals, it is punishable by 6 months of 3 meal a day kitchen clean up.

That being said, Happy Birthday to all Moms and those who offer mothering when it is needed!

creamtea May 13, 2012

I cooked us breakfast already: yeasted waffles, coffee, strawberries sweetened with a little maple sugar, maple syrup over all. Going out for dinner.

Happy Mother's Day!