🔕 🔔

Any other mothers cooking on Mother's Day?

The good news is that my daughter will be here tomorrow. But she'll get here too late to do the cooking. It's okay, it makes me feel like a mom--rack of lamb and asparagus.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Halibut and asparagus!

1f596ae9 f36c 4022 8b52 0c8583fd70b0  meg b f52

Yup! I'll cook for my grandma, mom, dad, siblings, spouse, and son :). Whole grilled Bronzino, farro risotto, April bloomfields lemony dressing. I love cooking for the whole family.

5898788c 7208 4473 a88f a3f4bbe64a0b  img 1339

I prefer cooking a special meal to dining out. I will be cooking Melissa Claks' Duck Confit, http://www.food52.com/recipes... and Molly Stevens' Sweet Braised Whole Scallions, http://www.food52.com/recipes..., along with a starchy side; maybe roasted or mashed potatoes.

I'll be cooking alone, so it's going to be First Night in Florence spaghetti, which is dripping in wonderful memories with the daughter. Your lamb and asparagus sound heavenly. Happy Mother's Day!

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

oh I thought there was a federal law prohibiting it

Yes there is a federal law that states family/friends do the clean up on mother's day, not the Moms. If the the not-moms do not clean up after meals, it is punishable by 6 months of 3 meal a day kitchen clean up.

That being said, Happy Birthday to all Moms and those who offer mothering when it is needed!

I cooked us breakfast already: yeasted waffles, coffee, strawberries sweetened with a little maple sugar, maple syrup over all. Going out for dinner.

Happy Mother's Day!