🔕 🔔

Cheese Grits Casserole Recipe off of the Callaway Gardens Stone Ground Grits Package

I am looking for the recipe that was on the back of the Callaway Gardens stone ground grits package many years ago for cheese grits casserole.

asked by Michael Crowe over 5 years ago

Ee6e1f61 c2e2 48b1 b500 bb90cc2c5b83  itsme

Wow, you sure do get around. It's hard to do any research on this without running into 10-20 more results of you posting this question. Here's to being thorough.
That said, I assume you (or someone else endeavoring to respond to your question) are the person who emailed Callaway Gardens just before I did, so you probably have this by now.
In any case, here's what they sent back.

1 cup grits
4 cups of water
1t salt
2 cups of sharp grated cheese
1 stick butter
Dash or so of Tabasco
Cook grits according to the package-combine all ingredients-pour into a casserole dish, and bake 1 hr. @325.
Serves 4 to 6.

I hope that serves your purpose. If not, come on back, I bet we can find you some more interesting cheese grits recipes!

I had just typed in the entire recipe when I realized it wouldn't take the answer without being logged in. By the time I logged in, the above response was posted. Here is a printed version showing the "how to cook the grits portion." And, using the Speckled Heart Grits is an important component. Enjoy!

56e5805d 0a70 465e ab27 ab34c6c9253e  grits recipe

So that attchecd very small...here is the typed version:

To prepare Speckled Heart Grits:
To 4 cups of boiling water, add 1 cup of Callaway Gardens Speckled Heart Grits and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Additional water may be addeded for the desired consistency, as the grits cook. (The addition of milk instead of water at this point gives a delightful creamy quality to the grits). Add 2 cups of sharp grated cheese, 1 stick of margarine and dash of Tabasco. Pour in casserole dish, bake 1 hour at 325. Serves 4 to 6.

Somebody get Mitt Romney on the phone: "I ate 'cheesey' grits twice." A true man of the South that Mittens. He probably ate two sticks of margarine as well, just for authenticity sake.