How and how long do I cook a large swordfish steak. About 1 1/4 inch thick?

asked by kbckitchen about 6 years ago

ChefOno

Until it registers 145F on a digital thermometer.

kbckitchen

Thank you. What is the best method. Grill, bake or stovetop ?

ChefOno

My personal opinion? Grill it, preferably over charcoal. With a steak that thick, you should be able to get a really nice sear and a little smoke into it. Then either move it to a cooler part of the grill or into the oven to finish. Watch the temperature carefully and pull it a little early.

Slow Cooked Pittsburgh

That does sound yummy! Recently, I've been marinating thick cuts of swordfish in a blend of soy sauce, fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, of course adding finely minced fresh garlic and ginger. After marinating for 20-30 minutes at room temp I do a quick pan sear (VERY hot pan) for 3 or 4 minutes each side. I then let the steak rest while I deglaze the pan with the rest of the marinade and pour it over before slicing and serving with roasted cauliflower.

BoulderGalinTokyo

Oily Swordfish and "blackened" spices are a match made in heaven! I like Chef Paul's Prudhomme's Seafood Magic (Or Redfish if you can find it) but looking on line you should be able to find a recipe to blend the spices yourself.