🔕 🔔

How and how long do I cook a large swordfish steak. About 1 1/4 inch thick?

asked by kbckitchen about 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Until it registers 145F on a digital thermometer.

00c46d23 3575 4258 98ff 95bf01356ea4  stringio

Thank you. What is the best method. Grill, bake or stovetop ?

My personal opinion? Grill it, preferably over charcoal. With a steak that thick, you should be able to get a really nice sear and a little smoke into it. Then either move it to a cooler part of the grill or into the oven to finish. Watch the temperature carefully and pull it a little early.

A7132580 ab6d 4637 9b1a ed4f3f514400  scplogoblog

That does sound yummy! Recently, I've been marinating thick cuts of swordfish in a blend of soy sauce, fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, of course adding finely minced fresh garlic and ginger. After marinating for 20-30 minutes at room temp I do a quick pan sear (VERY hot pan) for 3 or 4 minutes each side. I then let the steak rest while I deglaze the pan with the rest of the marinade and pour it over before slicing and serving with roasted cauliflower.

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

Oily Swordfish and "blackened" spices are a match made in heaven! I like Chef Paul's Prudhomme's Seafood Magic (Or Redfish if you can find it) but looking on line you should be able to find a recipe to blend the spices yourself.