🔕 🔔

Need a decadent, chocolatey, cookie or bar recipe

I have a wealth of different chocolates (white, dark, bitter sweet, unsweetened), nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans), coconut and other baking stores leftover from a catering gig. I need to make 6-8 dozen of something for a community event. Should keep well in an airtight container or freeze well. Suggestions? Favorites?

asked by Burnt Offerings over 5 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Not to toot my own horn, but I just made these for a party over the weekend when I was in a similar situation--I had some leftover almond brittle (hard to believe, but there it is) and nuts, and I used them in these little bites. AntoniaJames has used the batter for cookies--you can read her comments. Really decadent, too, and they do freeze well.

Yes, drbabs' Chocolate Fantasy Brownie Bites are killer. I mean really, seriously good. I made three different chocolate cookies (all from FOOD52) within a period of 10 days for two different parties I hosted and these were, by far the best. And I think they're even better as cookies. The batter had rested for about 45 minutes before I dropped it onto the cookie sheet, so you might want to keep that in mind. I.e., I haven't tested the recipe making cookies immediately after making the batter/dough. But I probably will. Oh, one other thing: I only put chocolate chips and a few raisins in them . . . no other special ingredients, because I didn't know whether there were nut allergies among the guests. ;o)

B8c85549 23af 4014 8234 ae1da9266ce9  burnt offering

drbabs - I'm hoping that people toot their own horns! That's what I'm looking for. But you forgot to include the name of the dish or a link?

Voted the Best Answer!

Oops! Sorry!!

P.S. As cookies, they freeze really well, too. But I don't know for how long, because they disappeared from the freezer within a week. I imagine they'd be fantastic for making ice cream sandwiches, too, though of course, we'll need to test that, too!! ;o)

I would melt the chocolates and make 'bark' by adding the nuts and/or coconut. Swirling the white choc with the dark choc and then sprinkle the top with toasted nuts and coconut - seems pretty delicious to me.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'm a fan of congo bars - blondies with toasted coconut added. I typically use the CI recipe, and you could definitely use several types of chips and a mix of lightly toasted nuts in them.

Thanks for the reminder about Congo Bars! How could I forget? I think I'll make a batch of drabs brownie bites in a couple of flavors and a pan or two of these. Thanks! The chocolate bark is a great idea, but I don't have enough of any one chocolate to pull it off.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I would have to agree with HalfPint Or some variation? http://www.foodnetwork... Or different types of chocolate dipped macaroons? Spiced nuts too? Sweet and savory.

94044828 d989 4cb6 bb8c 0aa3b3325df6  caramels 3

I've made these cookie/brownie hybrids before and they are truly decadent, although you may want to play with making them a little smaller because they're also huge - not that it's stopped people from gobbling them up the last time I made them for a party http://www.seriouseats...

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

Who says a community event can't be healthy? These have coconut and sunflower seeds too. You could play with the other toppings.

http://food52.com/recipes...

I suppose they last longer than 3 days with cooked kale--but they never last more than next day in my house.

I recently made hello dolly bars to use up a can of sweetened condensed milk. They were a synch and also delicious. Making these would allow you to use the chocolate, coconut, and pecans. BUt you can really be creative with your add ins.
homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2007/07/well-hello-dolly-bars.html

A kitchen sink cookie is another easy idea.