What do I do when I'm baking a cake, and the outside is cooked but the middle isn't?

Directions said to cook on 325 for 30 minutes. Using 9 x 13 pan

asked by cccasady over 6 years ago

The Spiced Life

Loosely place foil over the top to keep it from over-browning. And keep baking. :) If the temp was any higher I might say decrease the temp too, but 325 is already pretty low.

Regine

Agree with using loose foil and lowering temperature. I would probably lower it to 300 degrees and if u see top is already quite brown u can try to turn off oven but leave the cake inside and check at ie 5 minute intervals. It has worked for me!