Was the browned beef cooked through?

I maked baked ziti. I browned the ground beef. I don't recall cutting any pieces open to check for doneness, but it was all brown and I had cooked it for about 10 minutes. I then combined all ingredients in an 8x8 aluminum pan, covered with foil and baked 45 minutes in a pre heated 350 degree oven. If any ground beef was still pink, would the baking have cooked it completely and safe?

asked by Bri over 1 year ago

Bri

Sorry, I MADE baked ziti. I browned the ground beef on med high temp, gas stove.

Yes, it should be completely safe to eat.

SMSF
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

Based on the cooking/baking time and temperature you described, I'm sure its just fine. Enjoy!

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

No need to cook it through. Ground beef is fairly bland, the browning is to give the beef some flavor and texture. You don't want to dry the beef out, the oven will finish cooking it. I am sure it turned out well

Bri

Thank you