🔕 🔔

What is ham gravy? How is it made? And is it the same thing as red eye gravy?

asked by Pamela731 over 5 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Never heard of ham gravy, but I know that my mother made red eye gravy with country ham drippings and coffee.

Ham gravy is similar to gravy made with beef. You add flour to the hot ham drippings after frying slices of ham. Stir to blend and cook a bit, then add water, or even better, cream. Season with pepper amd perhaps a bit of salt, depending on how salty the ham is. Serve with the ham and freshly baked biscuits.