🔕 🔔

Where can I find dried currents?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

Efb8e45b e2cc 45bf b555 5f4811196493  headshot

Do you mean in the Whole Foods store itself, or in a locale in particular?

I could relate so much to your questions in that we recently moved to Virginia,where I have been exceedingly surprised and frustrated that I could not find dried currants anywhere!

It had to wait until we came back to Massachusetts to visit, wherein I promptly stocked up on several containers from our local whole foods (where they are stocked in the dry fruits/bulk aisle.

Most dried "currants" in the U.S., at least here in the SF Bay Area, are actually Zante raisins, i.e., made from grapes, not currants. Occasionally we can get fresh currants, so I plan to dry my own this year. ;o)

E6f5e079 1551 4472 bc70 dcc35a71edc2  110

Curiously, a national brand, Sunmaid, calls them "Zante Currants."

I buy them in Whole Foods (the bulk bins or prepackaged by the store itself) or a gourmet market. Every once in a while I see them in my regular grocery with the boxed raisins and other dried fruits (Sunmaid). I live in the Miami area.

31cf169d f83a 458c 9946 a9a0311207c3  cumberland pass atv trip july 20 2013 019

Currants appear in my Publix in South Florida only around Thanksgiving/Christmas. However, my Colorado grocery store, City Market, carries them year round. If you ask Customer Service, they might be able to do a special order for you.