ideas for roasted cauliflower

asked by lnrmom over 6 years ago

nutcakes

I like to toss it with olive oil and curry powder, maybe some minced garlic, then hit it with lemon juice after it comes out of the oven. Also good with just cumin and lemon.

savorthis

I toss florets with cumin, coriander, oil, s&p and roast in the oven until slightly brown. Then blend it with some tahini, lemon juice and cilantro for an amazing dip.

cookingProf

I brown a couple of tablespoons of flour in butter and toss it with the roasted cauliflowers and freshly ground pepper.

Here is a wonderful recipe http://food52.com/recipes...

Another practice I have is roasting cauliflower, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Simple and delicious and left-overs are wonderful in soups and omelets.

I make it very much as SKK (above) does, but I toss it with olive oil, turmeric, a touch of cumin, and garlic, a bit of salt and pepper, of course. When it is about half-roasted, I add chopped green olives and raisins and top with browned pine nuts to serve.

MTMitchell

This recipe is really good -- it's addictive. http://www.101cookbooks...

ATG117

I love tossing my roasted cauliflower with some toasted breadcrumbs, parsley, pine nuts, and raisins. Sometimes I'll also add a squeeze of lemon juice. But there are many great community picks on this site (soups, curried, etc). Just typer in "cauliflower" to the search.

RebeccaCooks

It's good with honey, mustard, butter, and herbs.

Roasted as usual and then top or lightly drizzle with an anchovy/caper aioli. The recipe for the aioli is at The Traveler's Lunchbox blog. She made it for boiled cauliflower, but I think it would work her. Oh, make the crispy garlic chips, it's amazing with the cauliflower and the aioli.