🔕 🔔

heat wave dinner party advice

Hi, I had a plan to roast two guinea fowls for dinner on Thursday night with my parents and my brothers, but now that it is supposed to be 90 degrees out I am worried that having a hot oven is not such a good idea. I liked the idea of roasting because it is low-stress and easy -- also the guinea fowl are from my family farm and already in my possession so I don't have to go shopping. What do you think I should do? Should I just stick to my plan and not worry that the menu is more appropriate for a nippy fall day?

asked by JORJ over 5 years ago

I would roast them with indirect heat on the BBQ grill and some apple wood to give a nice smoke.

too bad my NYC apt doesn't have a grill! that is a great idea.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Another possibility is to roast it in the coolest part of the day on Wednesday, and serve it cold.

that was another thing I was thinking. The only issue is that the fowl have so much fat under the skin I was worried that they wouldn't be as appetizing cold.

Hi JORJ, regarding cooking ahead - you could simply warm it up before you serve it if you cook the day before and are worried about the fat.