🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Watermelonade

Dddcacd2 3a74 4d6b a54a 4e44d87bf1aa  lemonade 024

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Watermelonade" from merrill. It says:

"Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring sugar to dissolve. Set aside." Will this work substituting Stevia or agave syrup for the sugar? If so, what should the conversion be?

asked by prb13 almost 6 years ago

Sure. Agave is sweeter than granulated sugar because it is high in fructose which is sweeter than sucrose. I'd add 1/3 cup agave in place of the simple syrup created in the first step. I'm not sure of the conversion with stevia, but would follow the directions on the particular product you have as far as using it in place of sugar.