🔕 🔔

What is best for stuffing mushrooms.

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

Ea2fede5 db69 4f9c b6a5 c70c27497ae9  dsc 0002 2

Crab! or themselves, butter, herb & bread crumb.

Crab yes, and "themselves" would otherwise be known as duxelles which you can prepare using the stems.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Having stuffed mushrooms a few times, I find that it's best not to be overly ambitious with stuffing. As in, you need very little stuffing to properly stuff a mushroom, so keep it simple. The crab idea sounds amazing, and I'm sure lobster would do as a fine stand-in. I usually just mince the stems and cook them in butter with shallots, then deglaze the pan with something nice like port or sherry (sherry and mushrooms are made for each other). Mix the cooked mushrooms with seasoned bread crumbs, stuff, and broil until golden.