Have you picked up Lucky Peach #4 yet?

Way cool as always and Nozlee of Food52 has a piece in there too. This is the hippest food mag ever. It sets the bar.

• Posted by: pierino
  • June 29, 2012

susan g June 30, 2012

Why hasn't my subscription copy come yet? Maybe they think I can't wait and will rush out and buy it?

Reiney
Reiney July 2, 2012

Finally got it this morning so haven't made much of a dent in it yet. But, loving the Choose Your Own Adventure - hilarious. And the piece on Khmer donut shops (/ food) - poignant, bemused and thoughtful all at the same time.

Without a doubt the best food writing out there.

If you haven't yet seen it, from the same people that publish Lucky Peach, McSweeney's:
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-open-letter-to-people-who-take-pictures-of-food-with-instagram

chevre&miel
chevre&miel July 6, 2012

Thanks for the link. I love that instagram rant. I've definitely formed a big pet peeve of people who always take pictures of their food--all of a sudden everyone believes they are an artistic photographer & expert foodie...

Nozlee Samadzadeh
Nozlee Samadzadeh July 5, 2012

Just seeing this -- thanks for the shoutout, pierino! Love the tags you picked, too.

Midge
Midge July 5, 2012

I think the last time I felt the same sort of giddy anticipation when I got my hands on a magazine was back in 5th grade when Dynamite hit our classroom. Wylie Dufresne's ode to/recipe for American cheese reminded me of your recent thread, pierino. And yay Nozlee! Look forward to reading your piece!

boulangere July 5, 2012

My favorite issue so far, along with #1. Only magazine I read cover-to-cover.

pierino July 5, 2012

For what it's worth a used copy of issue #1 goes for around $250, new about $350. I was trying to fill out my collection but oh well, I'll keep looking.

Kitchen Butterfly
Kitchen Butterfly July 5, 2012

Oh yes........I did get issue 4 on your advice, and on the gentle persuasion from the restaurant staff when I feasted at the Ssam bar a mere week ago, and only a day before I met up with most of the Food52 folks, including Nozlee! Once I am over the jet lag, I'll tuck in brain first.

susan g July 5, 2012

So it did come, today. A long skim tells me that LP is ripening. It has a more balanced feel that the past issues (to me, of course). Can they keep this up?
Yay Nozlee!

Reiney
Reiney July 6, 2012

I love something that can make me exclaim out loud with wonder. "Milk powder in meatballs & hamburgers! Oh my goodness I have to try that NOW!"

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen July 6, 2012

It just arrived and I will quickly look for Nozlee's piece. Congrats!!