🔕 🔔

Celery Stalk?

Love the site and am new but I just bought the most amazing stalk of organic celery and was looking for some recipes when I noticed every recipe that included celery asked for numbers of stalks instead of ribs. You can't mean stalks????

asked by Drzarkov almost 6 years ago

923a5e35 cc67 4f82 b4e5 024184d94660  open uri20141030 6777 167tand

In American English, the words are interchangeable. I am not certain about the usage in other English-speaking nations.

There's even a children's book that uses stalk as a pun in the title. *The Celery Stalks at Midnight" from the Bunnicula series.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Yes, the two terms are interchangeable. BTW celery is hugely popular ingredient in Roman cooking. If you are buying a "head" (or "bunch") look for one with the tops intact. There is so much flavor contained in celery leaves.