🔕 🔔

Celery Stalk?

Love the site and am new but I just bought the most amazing stalk of organic celery and was looking for some recipes when I noticed every recipe that included celery asked for numbers of stalks instead of ribs. You can't mean stalks????

asked by Drzarkov over 5 years ago

923a5e35 cc67 4f82 b4e5 024184d94660  open uri20141030 6777 167tand

In American English, the words are interchangeable. I am not certain about the usage in other English-speaking nations.

There's even a children's book that uses stalk as a pun in the title. *The Celery Stalks at Midnight" from the Bunnicula series.

Yes, the two terms are interchangeable. BTW celery is hugely popular ingredient in Roman cooking. If you are buying a "head" (or "bunch") look for one with the tops intact. There is so much flavor contained in celery leaves.