🔕 🔔

Recommendations for a panini press?

Hi, I'm looking for a cheap-ish panini press on Amazon. Do you guys have any recs for a good press that gets the job done and isn't expensive?

asked by KatyM about 5 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

We have a De'Longhi that's just fine. http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi...

We rarely use it any more. I wish it had a griddle that flips to a smooth surface for making Cuban sandwiches tho, Still at 60 bucks it's a good buy.
This one from Cuisanart looks good for a bit less money.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart...
Humm...looks that one is marked down drastically.
So, I'd probably go with that one because of the price and reversible plates.

I'd recommend getting a cast iron griddle that's flat on one side and had ridges on the other. That way you can use it for paninis (just weigh down the sandwiches with a heavy can or another skillet) as well as other things, such as grilling inside, making pancakes, etc. It's great to quickly grill asparagus inside and I use mine weekly for a large area to quickly cook pancakes.

like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Lodge...

5b7755f4 f84e 4738 be55 06b56e9c2553  dsc 0008 002
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I think this is a smart idea. We have a panini press, the aforementioned delonghi i believe, and it's a good machine but we never use it. a griddle is more multi-purpose!

I had 2, long story, and gave them both away. I have a griddle that's flat on one side, ridged on the other. That's my machine!

B8f19483 b6dd 4ee8 b288 d1e5d79af410  face

Go with a griddle. A press is a pain to clean, even non-stick. I hate using it. Mine was received as a
Gift and is a Krups btw