rattlesnake meat

I have a a 4 foot long rattlesnake (killed this morning in self-defense). It's cleaned, skinned and gutted. Any ideas about how to make this into a tasty appetizer? I really need help here.

asked by Brain Health Kitchen over 6 years ago

I would imagine you could use any Gator meat recipes. Like a gator meat ball fritters..etc. With some Cajun seasonings and dips. Basically, cut into chunks and soaked in buttermilk, and battered and fried.
With a spicy mayo tarter sauce type dipping sauce.

bigpan

I agree with Sam. I've only had r-snake once and it was in batter covered deep fried chunks - and delishhhh.

Brain Health Kitchen

All I've talked to agree that batter-fried is the way to go. I think I'll take Sam's tip and buttermilk-soak the meat so it doesn't Taste Like Snake, and then panko-crust and pan-fry. This guy had 11 rings on his rattle, which means he was an 12 year old snake. Sriracha mayo will hide any gamey flavor that did not get soaked away. Thanks for the tips.