🔕 🔔

rattlesnake meat

I have a a 4 foot long rattlesnake (killed this morning in self-defense). It's cleaned, skinned and gutted. Any ideas about how to make this into a tasty appetizer? I really need help here.

asked by jacksonholefoodie over 5 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I would imagine you could use any Gator meat recipes. Like a gator meat ball fritters..etc. With some Cajun seasonings and dips. Basically, cut into chunks and soaked in buttermilk, and battered and fried.
With a spicy mayo tarter sauce type dipping sauce.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I agree with Sam. I've only had r-snake once and it was in batter covered deep fried chunks - and delishhhh.

07825364 abc5 42f5 bd7f f2a77f00dff0  20090907 jackson 8

All I've talked to agree that batter-fried is the way to go. I think I'll take Sam's tip and buttermilk-soak the meat so it doesn't Taste Like Snake, and then panko-crust and pan-fry. This guy had 11 rings on his rattle, which means he was an 12 year old snake. Sriracha mayo will hide any gamey flavor that did not get soaked away. Thanks for the tips.