looking to roast some potatoes and vegetables whats the best way too? & what vegetables should I use?

asked by @1976owl over 6 years ago

bigpan

I like to toss the veg with a bit of tomato paste. Itt it adds a bit of sweetness. Cut your veg unsized that will cook evenly .

jmburns

I roast vegetables all the time. I salt pepper maybe a little cayenne then coat with olive oil. Roast at 425 for about 30 min for potato and carrots. Softer vegs like asparagus or squash shorter although squash will take a lot of time. Green beans not so much. Green beans look terrible but taste very sweet. I have a book called Roasting by Barbara Kafka that I use as a guide for things I am not familiar with.

JanetFL

Roasted vegetables are my favorite. I particularly like a combination of parsnips, carrots and turnips (cut in 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces) tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt and freshly ground pepper; roast at 425 for 25 to 35 minutes.