🔕 🔔

jarred anchovies

How long are anchovies good for once jar is opened and stored in fridge?

asked by Debbie White over 5 years ago

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I've kept those in the fridge for *ages* - well over a year (and I wouldn't have been surprised if it ended up being close to 2 - I bought a very, very large jar).

As long as you're not storing in the tin and they're submerged in oil, I'd say you're good for a long time.

Pretty much eternity. If the bomb goes off you will be glad they are there along with your salt cod.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Always buy the best quality (usually in a glass jar - never in a tin can), keep covered in oil, and keep in the fridge for a couple years ... but I don't know why because you will eat them all within a month or two.