jarred anchovies

How long are anchovies good for once jar is opened and stored in fridge?

asked by Debbie White over 6 years ago

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I've kept those in the fridge for *ages* - well over a year (and I wouldn't have been surprised if it ended up being close to 2 - I bought a very, very large jar).

As long as you're not storing in the tin and they're submerged in oil, I'd say you're good for a long time.

Pretty much eternity. If the bomb goes off you will be glad they are there along with your salt cod.

bigpan

Always buy the best quality (usually in a glass jar - never in a tin can), keep covered in oil, and keep in the fridge for a couple years ... but I don't know why because you will eat them all within a month or two.