Anchovies - shelf life

I'm going to take some advice read here and buy a jar of Spanish or Italian anchovies packed in a glass jar in olive oil. Once I open it (and put it in the fridge), about how long will they last? Just trying to get a sense of how many things I should make with anchovies, how quickly. Thanks.

(And I think I'm going to start an anchovy farm that sells them in twos or fours.)

asked almost 5 years ago

Stilltasty.com says that they'll last a couple of months, but I know I've kept them much longer. They deteriorate in quality, getting mushy, before they become a health hazard. Of course, you could freeze them in twos or fours. Or but the salt packed.