Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Can I cook frozen chicken breasts in the oven? If so, at what temp and for how long?

asked by cmhill87 over 4 years ago
19f2e275 c635 488f 8322 530158a23e00  food52

the short answer is yes, BUT....

I can't think of any reason you would want to. the cooking time required to fully cook that frozen chicken breast would result in an overcooked, tough outer breast. Also, there is no real good way to marinate, season, bread or pound the chicken breast so you will end up with a bland, over-cooked piece of white meat. It doesn't take long to thaw chicken breasts, so I would recommend just doing it. If its sealed, you can keep it under running water to quicken the thawing process.

perhaps we can give better advice if you would let us know what your over all goal is with the chicken breasts.