Last week's finds that tickled your fancy the most. Shop best-sellers »
🔕 🔔

My bf is lactose intolerant, but loves Vanilla Ice Cream with a passion. I tired coconut milk variations but he didn't like the taste. Sugges

Need other recipes with different lactose free milks, etc.

asked by hkellyis over 4 years ago
84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

My boyfriend also can't have dairy, so I know this problem well! The problem is that non-dairy milks can't quite match the fat content of dairy milk.

You might try making frozen banana soft serve and mixing in the seeds of a vanilla bean:
http://www.choosingraw...

I've had moderate success with using a blend of Silk soy milk and soy creamer to make the custard for ice cream. (The creamer has a higher fat content and mimics real cream.) The result will be a little bit icier than normal ice cream, but it's good.

Hemp milk is also higher in fat than other non dairy milks, but not everyone loves the taste. Let us know what you try!