Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

can i make the coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream without the ice-cream maker machine?

I want to make the coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream but I don't have the ice-cream maker machine. If I follow all the directions and just freeze it after chilling instead of running it through the machine, will it still work?

asked by Melanie Yarbrough over 1 year ago

I'm not sure what recipe you are using, but this is my new favorite way to make ice cream. I was going to try to replace the whipping cream with whipped coconut milk, but I haven't tried it yet. Look at the comments though, I seem to remember someone tried it.
http://www.thekitchn.com...

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.