corn ears

I live in Peru, waht do you mean by 6 ears, we go by number of corns, whar is the equivalent

asked by david rodriguez over 6 years ago

6 corn

chef of the future 2000

“Ear” comes from the ancient word “ahs,” which meant “husk of corn.” In English, sometimes the ear also is referred to as a “cob” or a “pole.”
The ear is the spiked part of the corn plant that contains kernels, the delicious yellow tidbits we love to nibble on in the summertime. Each ear of corn is wrapped in a husk — a green, leafy layer that we peel back before feasting on this summer treat.
Did you know:
Every row of corn on a corncob has the same number of kernels.
The average ear of corn has 800 kernels.

As of right now, nearly 50% of corncobs have 0 to 50 kernels. Corn futures are sky rocketing and you will pay at the pump as well.