What's a good red potatoe side dish that would go good with corned beef?

littleknitter

You could try cutting the potatoes into smaller chunks, tossing them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and an herb like rosemary, thyme or tarragon. Roast in a single layer on a baking sheet in an oven that's about 425-450F for approximately 30 minutes or until fully cooked. About 20 minutes in, stir the potatoes around so that they don't stick to the sheet and burn. The potatoes will get crispy towards the end - yum!

nutcakes

There is so much else going on with a corned beef dinner, I am happy with steamed or boiled potatoes. I love roasted for other applications,. On Friday (not St. Pat's day in case anyone is confused) I will use boiling potatoes, plain.

davidpdx

Quarter the potatoes and boil to half-done. Saute chopped onions in butter until translucent; stir in a bit of flour to make a light roux. Add chicken stock along with a fair amount of Dijon mustard and prepared horseradish and cook until lightly thickened. Put potatoes in casserole; pour in liquid to almost cover; top with bread crumbs; and bake for 30 minutes or so.

brandon

I really like twice baked potatos if they're big enough. I roast the potatos for about in hour, scoop out the guts with a melon baller or a spoon and make a creamy and luscious potato puree with plenty of gouda or comte, then I put it back in the potatos and broil until brown on top. If they're too small for that, my all time favorite potato go to is salsa verde potatos. I make the salsa verde with parsley, capers, garlic, lemon and olive oil. I roast the potatos, toss them in the slasa verde, roast em a little bit more then toss em in a little more slasa verde and serve. Bangin

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Jamie Oliver's 'broken potatoes' from Naked Chef cookbook. Couldn't find recipe posted anywhere but if you have the book check it out.

Here's what we had with corned beef last night:

If the sauerkraut seems too strange to you, just leave it out. But do chop up and toss in a good full-sour dill pickle or two. The sharpness of the cream plus the brined/fermented ingredients and dill go well with corned beef. ;o)