Melted candy corn

Just made Momofuku's Candy Corn Chocolate Chip cookie recipe from Food & Wine. Sending them to my sons in college. Followed the recipe to the letter and the candy corn melted during baking. Tastes ok but looks a mess. Going to make second batch. Any suggestions?

1 Comment

Susan W October 27, 2015

I looked around and I can't find anyone that had that problem. Did you buy some sort of special candy corn? As in artisnal, organic..etc? If so, just use the waxy (yet somehow loveable) stuff from the grocery store.

ELCookie
ELCookie October 28, 2015

Thanks! Bought Brachs are Target in the grocery section. Package says for baking. Making a second batch. Have put candy corn in freezer and will add it to the cookies just before baking. Hopefully this will work.

Susan W October 28, 2015

That's a good idea. I looked at several versions of the cookie and nobody said anything about them melting. Good luck!!