🔕 🔔

What is thebest way to successfullygrill chicken?

Dd3c680d 241b 4bd1 b665 cbc26ebb4b15  76650 what is thebest way to successfullygrill chicken

asked by Heidigaetano about 5 years ago

Butterfly and have the back removed by the butcher, then marinade it overnight with whatever your favorite one is. Throw it on a hot grill skin side down for about 7to 10 minutes , lower grill , to medium, flip it over and cook for 20 more min

Actually it's not terribly hard to butterfly (spatchcock) a chicken with kitchen scissors or poultry shears. Personally I don't care for marinades but that''s up to you. For me I might stuff some herbs under the skin and rub the whole thing down with olive oil and coarse salt. Also, I always use real lump charcoal. Kingsford briquettes are for total sissies---and your chicken will smell like hell afterward.

31cf169d f83a 458c 9946 a9a0311207c3  cumberland pass atv trip july 20 2013 019

I do bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts this way: marinate for a day in a mixture of buttermilk (to cover) along with salt, pepper, minced garlic and minced fresh rosemary or tarragon. Preheat grill on "high". When grill is ready, remove chicken from marinade and reduce heat to medium. Place chicken, skin side down, and grill for for 10 minutes. Turn burner on one side of grill to off for indirect heating; flip chicken and move to indirect heat side; cook covered for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is done.