🔕 🔔

, I have some lovely ling cod! Can you treat all types of cod the same, or are there differences? Also... best recipes??

asked by @LindseyMNorris over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

We have a lot of great cod recipes -- the Cod with Liguica is a favorite:

http://www.food52.com/recipe...

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

"Cod" covers a multitude of sins and I can't get into the whole taxonomy of the species (and I'm not Linaeus), but true cod is a wonderful thing to eat in so many ways. Knock yourself out by reading Mark Kurlansky's book COD. It's a stunner. He theorizes that it was the Basques who reached the New World first and not Leif Ericsson. They just didn't tell anybody because the fishing was so good.

Saute some onions and red and green peppers, a little piment d'esplette. Slice your cod and sear that, maybe some white wine to deglaze and you have cod basque style.