, I have some lovely ling cod! Can you treat all types of cod the same, or are there differences? Also... best recipes??

asked by @LindseyMNorris about 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

We have a lot of great cod recipes -- the Cod with Liguica is a favorite:

http://www.food52.com/recipe...

"Cod" covers a multitude of sins and I can't get into the whole taxonomy of the species (and I'm not Linaeus), but true cod is a wonderful thing to eat in so many ways. Knock yourself out by reading Mark Kurlansky's book COD. It's a stunner. He theorizes that it was the Basques who reached the New World first and not Leif Ericsson. They just didn't tell anybody because the fishing was so good.

Saute some onions and red and green peppers, a little piment d'esplette. Slice your cod and sear that, maybe some white wine to deglaze and you have cod basque style.