🔕 🔔

What is the best and healthiest way to cook cod?

I'm making it for fish tacos.

asked by Janelle C Jonas over 5 years ago

B5d4c31e d9a4 4f0e ae4e ecaa0cf95de6  dsc 0253 2
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

The healthiest way to cook fish is to simply steam it! I think that if you're going to use the cod as part of fish tacos, that should work just fine!

Ife

I agree with steaming it. I use bamboo steamers for everything. I made steamed sole on Thursday. I rubbed a little olive oil, salt and pepper on the fillets, wrapped them in foil and steamed them for about 15 minutes. A little squirt of lemon at the end made them yummier..

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

The problem with steaming is there's no chance for the Maillard reaction to occur and complex flavors to develop. So, if by "best" you mean most flavorful, my suggestion is to sauté with a little oil, hardly an unhealthful choice.