🔕 🔔

Hydroponically Grown Basil - How can I keep it going?

Just bought a sleeve of hydroponically grown basil. Is there some way that I can keep it producing?

asked by JanetFL about 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

If you soak a basil stem in water, it will start to produce roots. Then you can plant that root into soil and the basil will continue to grow!

31cf169d f83a 458c 9946 a9a0311207c3  cumberland pass atv trip july 20 2013 019

Thank you, Nozlee - I will give it a try!

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

It doesn't always work, but often enough, as Nozlee said, field-grown basil will take root in a glass of water and last far longer than it otherwise would. Cut off some from the bottom, stick it in water, and wait. Your hydroponic basil should already have roots, so you're ahead of the game.

Greenstuff, thanks for the information. My basil does have roots so I'm good to go!