🔕 🔔

How to make an egg that will compliment a bagel ?

asked by mike2012 over 5 years ago

Egg and cheese on a bagel is one of my favorite breakfasts. I fry an egg over easy and plop it on top of a toasted bagel half with cheese already melted on. Salt and pepper, then eat.

The secret step with the egg is to crack the egg over the hot pan, but hold back the yolk for a minute. Once the white settles into the pan and partially sets, put down the yolk right bang in the middle. Flip, then fold up the wild edges of your fried egg to make it round -- perfectly bagel shaped!

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

This method from Deb Perelman is genius: cook the egg into a crepe with a cheese-filled belly:

http://joannagoddard.blogspot...

Ea2fede5 db69 4f9c b6a5 c70c27497ae9  dsc 0002 2

All the bodega/grill/bagel shops around Brooklyn do this and it drives me crazy! As shown in the photo, all the cheese oozes out as soon as it is opened - yummy! - but leaving most of the sandwich cheeseless - sad :( . Def melt the cheese onto the bagel, each and every bite should have cheese.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

For bagels, I make my eggs over medium in a round cookie cutter. I love over easy eggs, but find that in a bagel, they're just a trifle too messy.