🔕 🔔

How to rescue carrot cake after it didn't rise

I baked a carrot cake this morning to take on vacation for a week, and it didn't rise much. It was supposed to make enough for 2 layers and it's only the thickness of one. I have a ton of frosting, and could just leave as is. Should I try to cut the thin layer in half to make the two layer cake or should I bake a box mix (since I won't have all my baking ingredients with me)?

asked by Meatballs&Milkshakes over 5 years ago

Sounds like it going to be super dense to say the least. Not sounding too good but if possible I would taste a nibble and asses its viability. If good frost it and eat it of not toss and restart.