🔕 🔔

Shrimp and calamari for dinner

Any ideas/recipe for these 2 ingredients that do not involve pasta, a tomato sauce or deep-frying? I'm thinking about dinner tonight and I want to make it simple but satisfying.

25345787 92a8 4567 8c6d e27c97b9c330  open uri20140610 23845 81actl

I am making a shrimp, blueberry salad for dinner tonight. Will also toss in edame, walnuts and feta cheese and I will make a lemon vinagrette. Calamari would be good in it too.

In an individual gratin dish I drizzle olive oil then add shrimp. On top I put garlic, green onions, sun dried tomatoes or chopped grape tomatoes, chopped kalamata olives and feta. Then I drizzle more olive oil, salt. pepper, oregano and a squirt of lemon or wine or both. Bake a 400 for about 15/20 min just until the shrimp are cooked. Salad and bread are all that is needed. So easy and good.
Or there is a great recipe on this site for obonomyaki (I think spelled that wrong :) ) that would be gret with your seafood. and it is eaasy as well.

I would cook on a granite Piastra on the grill using a Mario Batali recipe. Simple, summery and tasty

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

What about a paella or a ceviche style salad? Or just grilled with olive oil and garlic and some veggies on the side? Raichlen has a recipe for squid and shrimp kebabs with ginger tumeric glaze in Planet Barbecue. And while this might technically be pasta I personally love shrimp bun, sounds great for a summer evening. Enjoy!

I'm thinking along the same lines as Summer of Eggplant here. Paella would be excellent as well as ceviche, although for the latter the calamari should probably be cooked separately because the won't "cook" as quickly as the shrimp in the citrus juice.

Thank you for all the great ideas! I think I'm going to toss the seafood in some oil/garlic/herb/lemon juice marinade and grill everything on the barbie. Have a good weekend!