🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Homemade Potato Chips

A238a631 d020 4a65 82bf 89e2c5a19f11  img 0075

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Potato Chips" from Lara. What is the white powdery substance shown on the cooked potato chips in the Yahoo! pictures (2), but not in the picture shown on your website? In the text of your recipe, you mention buttermilk powder, and sea salt. I know it can't be the granular sea salt, but then why would you be throwing on spoonfuls of the buttermilk concoction after they are cooked? Thank you.

asked by MintChocolateChip about 5 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

To me, it just looks like the light from which the photo was taken- no powdery substance.

479c81bc 1548 4a65 b563 d90c83e41737  img 0092

It is the buttermilk mixture that is tossed onto the chips after frying. I use fine sea salt in the mix. The one in the pictures does not include bacon.