A question about a recipe: Homemade Potato Chips

A238a631 d020 4a65 82bf 89e2c5a19f11  img 0075

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Potato Chips" from Lara. What is the white powdery substance shown on the cooked potato chips in the Yahoo! pictures (2), but not in the picture shown on your website? In the text of your recipe, you mention buttermilk powder, and sea salt. I know it can't be the granular sea salt, but then why would you be throwing on spoonfuls of the buttermilk concoction after they are cooked? Thank you.

asked by MintChocolateChip over 6 years ago

To me, it just looks like the light from which the photo was taken- no powdery substance.

Lara

It is the buttermilk mixture that is tossed onto the chips after frying. I use fine sea salt in the mix. The one in the pictures does not include bacon.