🔕 🔔

What to do with leftover grilled chicken breast

asked by lakshmi over 5 years ago

jessalissous

Sandwiches or panini or over a salad. So many possibilities!

White pizza, with asparagus, red onion, spinach and grilled chicken breast.
Put a layer of ricotta cheese (mixed with drained spinach, garlic, oregano) on the dough, top with mozzarella cheese add red onion, and asparagus (tossed in oil) and bake..finish with slices of chicken.

Take a short cut and get some pre-made bakery dough from supermarket if time is an issue.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Chicken salad;
Reheat, slice, & serve on skewers with peanut sauce;
Chicken fried rice (especially if you have some leftover rice around);
Asian noodle salad with chicken;
Love the pizza topping idea too (I especially like a basil or parsley pesto pizza with artichoke hearts and chicken, maybe a little red onion too)

I'm glad you mentioned Asian noodle salad. Last night I did that in Thai style. With angel hair pasta, and lightly stir fried (so they're just threatened with heat): carrots, zucchini, onions, a sliced red chili pepper and chicken. Tossed with pasta with a dressing of fishsauce, lime, and a simple sugar infused with ginger. (technically a ginger syrup). And garnished with some peanuts and green onions.

I'd imagine you could make that even more easy with using Raman noodles with just a touch of the sauce packet and then above veggies and fish sauce dressing.
Needed fresh mint and basil tho, which I don't have right now.
I like the angel hair pasta a bit better than the rice noddles it's not as gummy and certainly not authentic for Thai noodles.

tideandthyme

It's great tossed with pasta, alfredo sauce, chives, and bacon. Also chicken tacos, or BBQ chicken sandwiches.

JanetFL

I like to turn it into a salad. My favorite is to slice it and serve it over salad greens with sliced peaches and crumbled goat cheese.

savorthis

I just made a blt chicken salad yesterday- mix chopped herbs (basil, chives, tarragon) with mayo and pepper. Toss with chicken, cooked bacon, tomatoes.

Like others have said: Asian noodles (slice up cutlets, cook noodles, make an easy stir-fry of red peppers onions and snow or snap peas, then an Asian style sauce: sautee garlic & ginger, add sliced scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, vinegar, a little water. I don't thicken mine with cornstarch but you could if you wish. You can pat the boiled noodles into a "noodle cake" and fry it on both sides if desired, dress with the stir-fry, chicken and sauce and done! The kids really like it. Probably not authentic, but really good. Or "chicken over salad": slice up the chicken, make a green salad, add chicken over, dress with lemon & olive oil and salt or whatever dressing is your favorite.

Louisa

Quesadillas or tostadas.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I like a cold salad with scallion, avocado, sprinkled with pepper and balsamico.

I just made a penne pasta with an Alfredo sauce...with a pan fried chicken breast.
Pan fry the seasoned chicken...make pasta..make sauce. Plate the pasta, Slice the chicken and pour on sauce, garnish with chives...and I used some red chili peppers (cook a min in the same pan with chicken) to garnish for color.