leftover chicken

I have a pretty good amount of leftover grilled chicken (it was a whole chicken and I have the breast meat left). I know there are lots of fun things to do with leftover chicken, but I'm having trouble of thinking of anything interesting. What are some other people's favorite things to do with leftover chicken?

asked by erinbdm over 4 years ago

Try making chicken piccata (nice, easy recipe on the site) and of course chicken salad (my favorite!). Use it for any application really as long as its reheated gently in sauce. Chicken tacos, enchiladas. Swamp, Giddy White sauce (I think that's the name from InPatsKitchen on the site) recipe will give it a great new taste.

Dave on the grill

http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/10/slow-cooker-thai-chicken-soup/. Just add the chicken in last. I'm making this tonight, it's so good.

Bevi

I make this soup often, and almost always use roast chicken or baked chicken breasts: http://food52.com/recipes...

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

This happens to me quite often, my favorite thing to do is to sauté some onions, add some curry spices, throw in chicken cubes or chunks, add some coconut milk and simmer for a while – makes for a wonderful curry. I usually make either an “Indian” version, with Indian or Sri Lankan spices or curry mix, or Thai version, with red curry paste and lemongrass.

Bevi

Chicken pot pie.

Shred it up and use it in stir fried noodles, or to top cold sesame noodles. But I have to say few things beat a good chicken sandwich - or even better, a chicken club sandwich. You could also do a Croque Monsieur, but use chicken instead of - or in addition to - ham. Clearly, I have a thing for sandwiches.