leftover chicken

I have a pretty good amount of leftover grilled chicken (it was a whole chicken and I have the breast meat left). I know there are lots of fun things to do with leftover chicken, but I'm having trouble of thinking of anything interesting. What are some other people's favorite things to do with leftover chicken?

• Posted by: erinbdm
  • March 29, 2014

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 29, 2014

Try making chicken piccata (nice, easy recipe on the site) and of course chicken salad (my favorite!). Use it for any application really as long as its reheated gently in sauce. Chicken tacos, enchiladas. Swamp, Giddy White sauce (I think that's the name from InPatsKitchen on the site) recipe will give it a great new taste.

Dave on the grill
Dave on the grill March 29, 2014
http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/10/slow-cooker-thai-chicken-soup/. Just add the chicken in last. I'm making this tonight, it's so good.

Voted the Best Reply!

The Lard Of Avon
The Lard Of Avon March 29, 2014

I know it's not sexy, but in that you've done the hard part, it's pretty hard to beat a chicken salad from a savory bird. You could go in a ton of directions as far as what kind, what presentation, etc.

Bevi
Bevi March 30, 2014

I make this soup often, and almost always use roast chicken or baked chicken breasts: http://food52.com/recipes...

QueenSashy March 30, 2014

This happens to me quite often, my favorite thing to do is to sauté some onions, add some curry spices, throw in chicken cubes or chunks, add some coconut milk and simmer for a while – makes for a wonderful curry. I usually make either an “Indian” version, with Indian or Sri Lankan spices or curry mix, or Thai version, with red curry paste and lemongrass.

Bevi
Bevi March 30, 2014

Chicken pot pie.

amysarah March 30, 2014

Shred it up and use it in stir fried noodles, or to top cold sesame noodles. But I have to say few things beat a good chicken sandwich - or even better, a chicken club sandwich. You could also do a Croque Monsieur, but use chicken instead of - or in addition to - ham. Clearly, I have a thing for sandwiches.