🔕 🔔

@food52 @Food52Hotline can I poach eggs in chicken stock? Would it affect how they hold together?

asked by @winedineLondon about 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Sure -- and they should hold together just fine.

Tamar Adler says most poetically in An Everlasting Feast:

"Try poaching eggs directly in chicken broth. This is delicious if philosophically perplexing. Sauté a little garlic in olive oil in a pot, add chicken broth to it, then when it's hot, crack an egg or two into a cup each, and slide them into the broth. While the eggs are cooking, put a piece of toasted stale bread into the bottom of a bowl, then ladle egg and broth on top."

I'd take that for a resounding "yes."

@boulongere (sp) that sounds freakin epic. I am going to the penn state game today and that's what I will be eating at my tail-gate.

I'd tailgate with you any time.