Tomato Paste Substitute?

Any suggestions for tomato paste substitutions and/or ways to hack at home?!

asked by juliana about 6 years ago

Tomato paste is simply tomatoes that have been cooked down so you get the rich flavor of the tomatoes without a lot of liquid. I suppose you could cook down canned or fresh tomatoes if you have them.

But the richness of the paste is what deepens the flavor of the dish.

It really depends what you're trying to do. For some things, you'd just leave it out. For another, you might cook down tomatoes of tomato paste. For yet another, maybe chopped sun-dried tomatoes.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Are you looking for a sub in a particular dish or in general?

If it's a question of kitchen economy, as in you only need 1 TBS, you can buy tomato paste in a tube and just squirt in the amount you need.

Well, I was so happy to know that there are different substitute for tomato paste that I can use to my desire.
http://www.tomycook.com/substitute-for-tomato-paste/