🔕 🔔

Tomato Paste Substitute?

Any suggestions for tomato paste substitutions and/or ways to hack at home?!

asked by juliana over 5 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Tomato paste is simply tomatoes that have been cooked down so you get the rich flavor of the tomatoes without a lot of liquid. I suppose you could cook down canned or fresh tomatoes if you have them.

But the richness of the paste is what deepens the flavor of the dish.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

It really depends what you're trying to do. For some things, you'd just leave it out. For another, you might cook down tomatoes of tomato paste. For yet another, maybe chopped sun-dried tomatoes.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Are you looking for a sub in a particular dish or in general?

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

If it's a question of kitchen economy, as in you only need 1 TBS, you can buy tomato paste in a tube and just squirt in the amount you need.

0a16332f 5db7 4f61 b8da 49729e5740a8  fb avatar
added about 2 months ago

Well, I was so happy to know that there are different substitute for tomato paste that I can use to my desire.
http://www.tomycook.com...