🔕 🔔

How far in advance can I make pasta salad? Should I dress it?

asked by heiwei almost 5 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

If I don't have time to make the salad in the morning of the day I'm serving, I'll make it the day before and dress it with enough of the dressing to moisten and then finish dressing just before serving.

inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Actually I even do this if I'm making the salad the same day I'm serving. (I need an edit button!!!)

probably depends on what you're dressing it with...but here's a thought to do it the day before:
cook the pasta and drizzle with enough olive oil to keep it from sticking. once it's cooled, toss together all the remaining ingredients (also cooled) and refrigerate. then, dress an hour or two before serving. that way nothing gets soggy.