Pasta salad fixins

What do you put in your pasta salads? I'm doing one for a picnic...the dressing I'm using is Paul Neuman's caesar because I really like that flavor. What veggies should I go with?

• Posted by: skittle
  • August 11, 2011

boulangere August 11, 2011

This looks like it might be just perfect for you:

aargersi August 11, 2011

I use whatever'sa good at the time - right now I would do halved cherry tomatoes, diced red onion, probably diced squash, celery, maybe some marinated artichike hearts and olives, and at the very end you can toss in arrugula or baby spinach - healthy and delicious!!!

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby August 12, 2011

Depends on which pasta I'm using...if you branch out from a rotini or " traditional" pasta...try Israeli couscous with crasins, pumpkin seeds, green onions, squash and zucchini, just add a teaspoon or two of curry powder to your dressing mix or make ur own light vinagrette.

latoscana
latoscana August 12, 2011

I like to keep the veggies separate until serving time. I slice cucumbers, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and whatever else is fresh and handy, and toss in a plastic tub along with the vinaigrette, so that the veggies marinate in the dressing. Just before serving, I toss all together. The flavors stay distinct and fresh.