How to clean anodized Calphalon?

I'm living in a furnished rental and I think I've ruined the landlord's beautiful Calphalon. Instead of being shiny and dark the exterior of the pans is now kind of foggy grey, and the insides have some burn marks. I put the pans through the dishwasher, which I think is what caused the problem. I've tried Barkeeper's Friend, but that hasn't really solved the problem. Help!

asked by sufleisch about 6 years ago

former Community Editor

Elyse Fradkin (@elyse4design) added her two cents on Twitter and said, "Not sure you can solve the dishwasher damage."

RobertaJ

Yeah, I'm afraid if you ran the Calphalon through the dishwasher, it's toast. They specifically say not to do that, the very hot water and VERY harsh detergents essentially de-anodize the surface. They're never going to look the same again.

I wouldn't say it's 'toast'...it should do it jobs just as well as normal for interior of the pan...the exterior cosmetic issues should be ignored..as we, and pans all get older and sometimes improve with age and don't have the surface luster we once had.

Mlc1977

I believe you can send the pots back to calphalon to be reconditioned. I did it about 10 years ago with a 20+ year old pan of my moms that was warped.

You poor renter!

Here's what they say at the Calphalon site :http://www.calphalon.com/ProductSupport/Pages/FAQs.aspx

If the hard-anodized aluminum cookware has only been in the dishwasher once or twice, you may be able to restore the hard-anodized aluminum surface to its original condition. Use a dry, green Scotch Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge and rub it in the same direction as the grain of the dry pan. Follow by hand washing the exterior, hard-anodized aluminum surface with Bar Keeper's Friend® cleanser. Be sure to rinse well as Bar Keeper's Friend® cleanser can leave a powdery residue.